Barnardos Young Carers & Sibling Support
0800 11 11
A free, confidential 24-hour helpline for children and young people in the U.K. You can call the helpline about any problems at any time of day or night.
0845 46 47
Confidential healthcare advice from NHS nurses about any health matters, 24 hours a day.
0808 800 2222
Family Lives (formerly Parentline) provides information and support for parents and families on a range of issues.
Anti Bullying Team
East Community Support Team
If you believe that your child is being bullied...
- Don’t ignore the problem – contact the school as soon as possible and work with the staff. Your child’s form tutor should be your first point of contact
- Encourage your child to talk to others and /or staff at the school about his/her feelings
- Try not to over react! This may make the situation appear worse to your child and it can even frighten them into silence
- Ask your child if he/she has any suggestions that would help their situation
- Help your child develop strategies for dealing with and reporting bullying. As a parent you can contact Mr Savage on email at firstname.lastname@example.org who will direct your concerns to the most appropriate person
Seek advice from the websites that are available, these include;
- Praise your child, tell him/her how much you love them and support them.
- Try to sort out the bullying at the start, working as constructively as possible with the school.
- Encourage your child to develop new interests which might lead to a supportive group of friends in school and out of school.