DEFINITION OF LITERACY AND NUMERACY CATCH UP PREMIUM
The reading and numeracy catch-up premium provides schools with an additional sum of money for pupils who have not reached a scaled score of 100 in their reading or maths KS2 tests. Schools will receive the amount they received in 2015-16, adjusted to for the size of the Year 7 cohort.
For the financial year 2016-2017 in-school criteria has been set to identify pupils who will benefit from the catch-up programme, with pupils separated into numeracy and reading groups, based on scaled scores at KS2. The criteria is as follows:
• <94 Scaled Score in Numeracy = 27 pupils
• <86 Scaled Scores in Reading = 18 pupils
• Both = 13 pupils
The amount we have received for this academic year is £15,000.
HOW WE SPENT THE ALLOCATION OF FUNDS DURING 2015-2016
The strategies employed during the last academic year included:
Staffing support to enable:
• One to one support
• Peer mentoring
• Literacy intervention programme
• Homework club
• Numeracy Intervention programme
• Training – Literacy, Reading and Numeracy
• Summer School – English and Maths sessions
• Numeracy resources
• Accelerated Reader intervention programme
• Specific Books in the LRC
• Classroom resources
In 2016-2017 we will continue funding the above strategies in response to the needs of our current pupils.